Sunday, July 30, 2006




ANY OTHER DAY


Dream... as if you'll live forever,
Live... as if you'll die today.
Like any other day.
Today... like any other day.

Meandering down the same old paths,
routine... it's become.
Every road taken, no mystery unbequenthered upon me.

I remember my parents telling me to pursue my dreams,
when in reality
I became the root of their failure and disappointment.

What can you say to an underachiever?
You'll probably look at him,
shrug your shoulders and hope you never become him.
Yet you are the typical 9 to 5 man.
Punch in, punch out, find love, get married, 1.5 kids.
Die and lie in a frost ridden grave for all eternity...
with worms and all.

It's a beautiful life.

When you're born,
all those around you are smiling,
yet you alone are crying knowing what type of hellhole you've entered.

When you die,
all those around you are crying,
yet you alone smile...
knowing you're going to a better place.

Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
Hope, Faith, and Love.
Love...

To wake up everyday to the smell of her hair,
To hold a smiling child high up in your arms,
To know you are... where you belong.
A home in her wherever you may go,
wherever you may be.

They say love is to be patient,
they say love is to be kind.
But I am none of those things.
It's quite simple really.
She just took my heart...
and refused to let go.

Dream as if you'll live forever.
Live as if you'll die today.
Like any -- other -- day.
Through all the shit.
Live...

... for today.




No comments: